1ST DAY (Half day) NEWATER PLANT VISIT
After reaching Singapore first we learned what is the main problem in Singapore so that they have over came it and how they have planned and implemented it, so here are some points that has been observed:-
In Singapore the main problem is water where the sources of water are very few but as per management and their government they have overcome their problem.
· Beside the rain water and sea they have created another source of water which is known as NE WATER.
· So they have created a water technology where they can overcome the problem.
· They collect the water from the sewage and waste water like bathing water and etc.
· After collecting that water they send it to treatment center where water gets treated and then it’s passed through new technology that is three step of water treatment.
· First step Microfiltration or ultra filtration in this step the treated water is micro filtered with highly used technology where it goes to second step.
· Second step is reverse osmosis where the invisible bacteria were treated and killed where the water is considered as drinking water, to have more purity they send it to last and third step.
· Third step is ultraviolet disinfection where through ultraviolet ray the drinking water is passed and it is done for additional safety.
· And then the water is packed.
· After that we took a vow that we should conserve vale and enjoy the water.
· How they have created new innovative ideas
· The managing style of industry with few employees by depending upon new technology.
· And how to create own resources.
Second session industry visit (Two industry visit)
Singapore maritime Gallery
· World biggest port in shipping and Singapore major hub port.
· Backbone of Singapore where the government is fully depends upon it.
· Associations of Singapore marine industry (ASMI) introduced PORTNET first nationwide business to business port community IT solution.
· It is the first country to establish a national standard for bunkering.
· In logistic sector it is highly equipped and mechanized in proper way.
· All highly innovative technology were used to make it smoother as it is the most busiest port in the world.
· How they have generated different containers for different products to handle.
o Open side
o Open top
o Flat Rack
o Garment on Hanger
· How they have different ships for all product for faster moving.
· How the ships are designed in proper way.
· How to take initiative towards greener ship.
Next we had visited Ministry of National Development , Singapore
Visit to Management Development Institute of Singapore Campus for self study analysis of Education system