Awarded with Deusto International Tuning Academy (DITA) Scholarships for one month research visit to University of Duesto ,Spain
Return to my Website
Saturday, August 6, 2016
Thursday, June 2, 2016
www.saikatgochhait.in: Singapore Visit from 25th April to 1st May 2016: 1 ST DAY (Half day) NEWATER PLANT VISIT After reaching Singapore first we learned what is the main problem in Singapore so that they ...
www.saikatgochhait.in: New Assignment as Head-Business Incubator Centre:M...: As the state government is working on formulating a startup policy to promote and facilitate entrepreneurs in the state. ASBM has initia...
As the state government is working on formulating a startup policy to promote and facilitate entrepreneurs in the state. ASBM has initiated to create ecosystem for new innovative ideas from students from different background irrespective of education parameters. It will work together with some startups from Singapore like IExperience and Apple Seed to work jointly for creating the mindset of entrepreneurship in the present scenario of unemployment issues. Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), Government of India has recognised prestigious B-school ASBM as Business Incubator Centre of Government of India. ASBM is the only management institute of the state which got this distinction. Business Incubator Centre holds significant importance in a country like India as entrepreneurs by the score are launching new setups and changing the game of business. Now ASBM incubation centers will provide support functions, mentorship and resources to individual entrepreneurs or entrepreneurial setups. The institute is forging ahead with the existing entrepreneurial activities to support, the vibrant student body on campus for encouraging entrepreneurship among the students and beyond.
It is worthwhile to mention that Entrepreneurship Development Programmes are being organized regularly by ASBM to nurture the talent of youth to motivate them towards self-employment. Now Comprehensive training programmes will be organized to upgrade skills of prospective entrepreneurs, existing workforce and also develop skills of new workers. This is going to add substantial value to the state of Odisha. ASBM has pioneered in taking initiative for women entrepreneurship. The vision of Prof. (Dr.) Biswajeet Pattanayak, Director ASBM, to empower talented youth towards self-employment now become a reality. Dr. Saikat Gochhait, Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Development Cell will be the head of ASBM Business Incubator Centre.
Thursday, May 26, 2016
1ST DAY (Half day) NEWATER PLANT VISIT
After reaching Singapore first we learned what is the main problem in Singapore so that they have over came it and how they have planned and implemented it, so here are some points that has been observed:-
In Singapore the main problem is water where the sources of water are very few but as per management and their government they have overcome their problem.
· Beside the rain water and sea they have created another source of water which is known as NE WATER.
· So they have created a water technology where they can overcome the problem.
· They collect the water from the sewage and waste water like bathing water and etc.
· After collecting that water they send it to treatment center where water gets treated and then it’s passed through new technology that is three step of water treatment.
· First step Microfiltration or ultra filtration in this step the treated water is micro filtered with highly used technology where it goes to second step.
· Second step is reverse osmosis where the invisible bacteria were treated and killed where the water is considered as drinking water, to have more purity they send it to last and third step.
· Third step is ultraviolet disinfection where through ultraviolet ray the drinking water is passed and it is done for additional safety.
· And then the water is packed.
· After that we took a vow that we should conserve vale and enjoy the water.
· How they have created new innovative ideas
· The managing style of industry with few employees by depending upon new technology.
· And how to create own resources.
Second session industry visit (Two industry visit)
Singapore maritime Gallery
· World biggest port in shipping and Singapore major hub port.
· Backbone of Singapore where the government is fully depends upon it.
· Associations of Singapore marine industry (ASMI) introduced PORTNET first nationwide business to business port community IT solution.
· It is the first country to establish a national standard for bunkering.
· In logistic sector it is highly equipped and mechanized in proper way.
· All highly innovative technology were used to make it smoother as it is the most busiest port in the world.
· How they have generated different containers for different products to handle.
o Open side
o Open top
o Flat Rack
o Garment on Hanger
· How they have different ships for all product for faster moving.
· How the ships are designed in proper way.
· How to take initiative towards greener ship.
Next we had visited Ministry of National Development , Singapore
Visit to Management Development Institute of Singapore Campus for self study analysis of Education system
Monday, March 21, 2016
Asian School of Business Management under the aegis of EDC sponsored by AICTE, Govt. of India, organized an entrepreneurship programme exclusively for women on 16th and 17th March 2016. The two day long workshop was inaugurated by Shri Sujit Kumar, Special Secretary, State Planning Board, Govt. of Odisha, the chief guest of the occasion, inaugurated the event. He inspired the women participants from various technical institutes saying that the youth is the best time to have new ideas and to venture entrepreneurship. He guided the participants with the ways of utilizing government schemes from various startups.
Smt. Meera Shenoy, founder of youth4jobs, guest of Honour of the occasion, spoke in favour of better education of women and shed light on competitiveness of women entrepreneurs. Shri Soubhagya Routray, President of ITAO, guest of Honour of the event, said that women should come forward for leadership in IT sectors and it is the responsibility of the society to create scope to make them techsavy.
Prof. (Dr.) Biswajeet Pattanayak, the Director of ASBM, said in his welcome address that it was an exclusive programme for women. He inspired the women participants saying that they should understand their potential and should be courageous to try out their passion. He also inspired them to create their own organization. He explained brilliantly how a small idea can create a big business enterprise.
Inaugural session was followed by many sessions where the participants were given practical exposure regarding entrepreneurship. The recourse persons in the workshops were from Google development group on the first day. The second opened with the theme “Practical Exposure of Waste Management” where the resource persons were Shri Shakti Mishra and Smt. Ajanta Shilpa from Kalinga e-resource pvt. Limited. The event also witnessed a Business Model Workshop on startup by corporate trainer, Shri. Hitendra H. Soneji.
The valedictory session was graced by Shri D. S. Mishra, GM, District Industry Centre as Chief Guest, and Dr Deepa Prasad, State Programme Coordinator, United Nation Population Fund, Odisha as Guest of Honour. They appreciated the initiative of ASBM for having an entrepreneurship programme for women. The workshop was sponsored by Kalinga E Resources, Playbook Consultancy, Smt. Nandini Satapathy Memorial Trust and Kudia.in. The event was coordinated by Prof. Saikat Gochhait. He introduced the guest in the inaugural ceremony and proposed vote of thanks at the end.
Post Press Releases:
|Oriya Daily Newspaper The Samaja page no 16 dated 21st March 2016|
|Oriya Daily Newspaper Sambad page no 15 dated 21st March 2016|
Friday, March 18, 2016
Bhubaneswar, February 8…..The Entrepreneurship in 21st Century is different from what it was years ago. Startup India; Stand up introduces a new set up of rules and policies which have ignited a spark in youth and all aspiring entrepreneurs to take the plunge into startup world. Addressing the need of same, Lemon School of Entrepreneurship in association with ‘Entrepreneurship Development Cell’ of Asian Business School is organizing a free seminar on ‘Start-up India Festival’in city on Monday i.e. 8th February.Love Bhatnagar, Mentor – Sales & Marketing at LEMON School of Entrepreneurship &Dr.SaikatGochhait, Assistant Professor-Marketing at Asian School of Business are the chief speakers for this Open Entrepreneurship Development Seminar.
Date & Time: 8th February, 2016 from 10am to 12noon
Venue: ASIAN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, ShikshaVihar, Bhola, Chandaka, Bhubaneswar- 754012, Odisha, India
Contact No. +91-8407911142
There is no bar to enter into entrepreneurship and neither have we. It is not about physical age, but about mental age.Similarly money. Those days of starting new business only when you have money have gone. You can literally start a new business venture with zero money. Many have proved by starting ventures from garages, rented places and make shift shelters. While Tatas and Birlas are scratching their heads on how come with so many years of existence, they are unable to get the valuation of just six years old new age ventures are getting.The new age businesses are volumes business and for same Innovation is the key.
Takeaways from the Seminar:
1. Understanding trends in startup space
2. Exploring next big opportunities
3. Converting small ideas into big businesses
4. Identifying Indian problems as opportunities for startups
Don’t get married to a first idea itself. Date with few ideas, then nurture the best idea for your startup journey!!